Thursday, December 14, 2006

Too Much Bad News Isin't Good For You

I recently got the news that my Nephew, Rob has cancer. Rob lived with us for 6 months last year. He is my brother's son. They live in Tenn. Rob just turned 28 years old. Needless to say, my family, especially my brother's portion, has had a really traumatic year this year. My poor sister-in-law lost her father, son, grandson, and now another son has cancer. I can't even fathom the pain she must live with. I do feel the burden of sharing in every one's grief. I think pretty much our whole family is on anti-depressants. Thank goodness for medicine!
I don't remember anything like this as a child. We were shielded from these things. Ignorance can truly be bliss! It's times like this that being an adult really stinks. It seems like everyone I know has been touched by cancer in some way or another. I hate cancer, and my wish for the new year, is that someone finds the cure. Wouldn't it be wonderful if in the very near future, we could just get a cancer vaccine?! Maybe if we all wish it really hard, it might come true. Well, this is Jean, just venting again. Thanks for reading.

No comments: